Man dies after swallowing live tilapia fish in Philippine - Breaking News in Nigeria today 247 | TheWatchNGR

Breaking

Place your Top Header Advertisement
top post ads
PLACE YOUR Leaderboard 728 BY 90

Thursday, July 4, 2019

Man dies after swallowing live tilapia fish in Philippine


Man dies after swallowing live tilapia fish in Philippine







A 50-year-old man died after he accidentally swallowed a live tilapia fish and got his airway blocked, while fishing in a central Philippine river, local news reported on Thursday.



According to the report, the victim, identified as Roger Marcelino, and his son went fishing in the river in Tagutud, a village in Bungasong town in Antique province in the central Philippines, on June 29 when the accident happened.



The son reportedly said it has been his father’s habit to put his fresh catch between his teeth.



However, this time he swallowed the fish, which apparently blocked his airway, causing him to stop breathing. The report did not mention the size of the fish.



The victim was taken to a local hospital but was declared dead, the report added.



Tilapia fish are mainly freshwater fish inhabiting shallow streams, ponds, rivers, and lakes, and less commonly found living in brackish water.





(Xinhua]
Place Your MidPost Ads Code (PC) Here

Place Your Post Footer Ads COde Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

DISCLAIMER


Opinions expressed in comments by readers, do not reflect the views of THEWATCHNGR and the THEWATCH NEWS Media or any employee thereof.

botom post ads space

Search Here